Hello friends, I am back from my Umrah in Saudi Arabia. And what a fantastically enlightening pilgrimage it was ! I have the entire story in my other blog, so if your interested, please pop over to view the pictures and read about the short but this amazing trip. (I will be posting it in a day or two.)
Before I left last wednesday, I had completed a project of altering a picture frame into something pleasing. This frame had been sitting in the large ikea bucket for like . . . . forever, until I noticed alittle of dressing up could do it some good. I have also kept the before and after pictures too.
Becoz there is spring in the air and flowers blossoming all over, I decided to embellish this frame with what the flowers attract the most ~ butterflies obviously ! The altered frame has loads of texture with different papers used to punch out butterflies from. Ofcourse I have used the butterfly punch. A matt kraft color for the background against all the bright and loud colors of the butterflies. And again, a very pale floral green is cut to fit a frame behind the images. For whatever reason for me, butterflies symbolize peace, fluttering feelings and softness. I hope and trust, you guys are going to like the look of this frame. Here it is :
I’d like to enter this project into the following challenges :
- Card Makin’ Mamas – 2W, 2E – embellish it
- Fairy Tale – 2W, 2E – green & pink
- Off the Wall Craftiness – 3E, SIO – color inspiration
- Simply Create – 2W – do it yourself
- Tellen’s Place – 1E, SIO – Embossing
- My Grafico – M, posted on the 1st – anything goes
- Catch The Bug – 3E, SIO – Anything Goes
- Little Claire’s – 2W, 3E, SIO – Any Celebration with Spring Theme or Colours
- Secret Crafter – Butterflies
- Wee memories – Favourite Colour or Colour Pallet
- Craft Your Passion – Anything Goes
- Karens Doodles – 1E, SIO – Fancy & Feminine
- Make it Monday – Anything goes
- Paper Playtime – 2W – Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp and Show… – anything but a card!
- A Spoonful Of Sugar – 1E – Tons Of Texture
- Cuttlebug Spot – must include dry embossing – not posted
- Paper Take Weekly – Anything Goes + Optional – Something New
- Flutterby Wednesdays – 1E, must include butterfly, fairy or angel – open challenge
- C.R.A.F.T. – Animals/pets.
- Crafty Purple Frog – 2W, SIO – 2nd W -Anything but Square.
- Dutch Dare Card Challenge – 2E – Spring has sprung.
- Paper Crafting Journey – 2W, 1E – 2nd W – For the ladies in your life.
- Card Makin’ Mamas – 2W, 2E – embellish it.
- Crafty Catz – 1E – Embossing.
- Fashionista Friday – Spring.
- Mami Doodles – 2W, SIO, JFF – Use a punch or die cut.
- Stamp Man – 2W, 1E/craft type – Embossings.
I do hope you guys leave me some comments to know how you felt about this creative frame. I know alot of women, dont really like butterflies, but I do. And almost all children that I know of, love butterflies. So I am hoping, you too will find them attractive in this frame.
Please remember, a comment can be the difference between starting the day on a good note or a grumpy one 🙂 (atleast in my case !)
Thank you so much for stopping by and spending some time viewing my projects here. Hope you like them and will return again.
C ya !