What a day !!! Actually a nightmarish day. For someone who is petrified of dentist, the sight, sound and smell of a dentist’s clinic is nothing short of turning me hypertensive ! And to think of it that finally after suffering for over a year with repeated infections in my wisdom tooth, I finally gave in to my doc, to have it removed !! Not in my wildest dreams did I know that It would turn out all so painful. Well the procedure was not so bad ~ what with two bouts of anesthesia and my tooth breaking in pieces half way thru !! But for whatever reason, 2 hours later, when the anesthesia was all drained is when the real pain dawned. And ho boy ! Did I wail and cry like a baby !!! For someone who has undergone 3 caesarians and battled alot of physical pain, tooth ache may seem small but honestly, It causes excruciating pain. And this is the point when your wondering, what has tooth ache gotta do with the world’s best bud !!!!! Well actually, nothing. Hey c’mon now, I just gave up my wisdom, I am bound to talk this way now 🙂 Jokes apart. With a stronger dose of painkillers, I am much better now. Please feel free to share with me, your tooth removal experiences. Why ? Well, it may make me feel better that I am not the only one who cries like a big baby over tooth ache !!
Ok anyway lets get on with the business of card making.
This is a relatively simple card. Super gorgeous flowery design paper. A cutsie old beetle car digi stamp image from Nikki and a simple message ~ which is what boys generally like. The ribbon is wrapped backwards with a simple button. While the front layer is embossed and attached with 3 blue brads. Somehow, inspite of the huge range of spellbinders in the market, somehow I am finding myself more attracted to the simple circular diecut, which I have layered here. The base of the circle die is a soft handmade blue paper with gold dots embossed on it. I would say this is a typically guy card. Subtle tones, check ribbon and button, and a short and crisp message that generally stands good for boys.
Here is the image :
This card enters the following card challenges :
- Clear It Out! – 2W – Ribbon/Trim
- Paper Take Weekly – Anything Goes
- Top Tip Tuesday – 3E – Open challenge – anything Goes
- Anita Be Stampin’ – SIO – Colour*
- Divas by Design – 2W, 2E – anything goes
- Dude Time Doodles – 2W, 3E, SIO, must be masculine – flower
- Pixie Cottage – SIO – Sketch* and/or masculine
- Crafty Sentiments – 1E, SIO – Flowers
- Do You Stack Up? – 3E, SIO – Challenge #18: Purple
- Bloggers Challenge – JFF – Nature.
- Inspire Me Fridays – Always anything goes
- Phindy’s Place – 3E, SIO – Challenge #54: Embossing.
- Raise The Bar – Challenge #65: Flower power.
- Stamp Something – Use a digi.
- Totally Papercrafts – Challenge #65: 1 image, 2 papers, 3 embellishments.
- Wags ‘n Whiskers – 2W, SIO– 2nd wk – Challenge #53: Use die/punch.
- Card Creations & More By C – 2W, 1E – Must Use Embossing
- Catch The Bug – 3E, SIO – Anything Goes
- Challenge Up Your Life – 2W, 1E – Travel Related
- Crazy 4 Challenges – #C4C86 – Lots of Flowers.
- Word Play Weekend Challenge – JFF – Flowers – as image, embellies or part of sentiment.
- Sunday Sketch & Stamp – 2W – sketch
- Card Cupids – Flowers
- Crafty Pad – SIO – Spots and Dots
- Dream Valley Challenges – 2W, 3E– Flowers
- Scrappy Frogs – 3W– Anything goes
- Sentimental Sundays – must include a Sentiment – Anything goes
- Sparkles Forum – 2W – Recipe: 2 papers, 1 ribbon or bow, 2 embellishments
- Emerald Faeries – M, 3E – Anything Goes
- Cards For Men – 2W, must be masculine – for Someone Special
- Craft Your Passion– Check it out (use checks, plaids or gingham) ~the purple paper is embossed by a plaid designed die !
- Crafty Cardmakers – 2W, C10 – Steampunk or Machines ~ The bug car is not only a machine but it a mix between the 70s and 80s !
- Crazy Challenge – 2E – Anything Goes
- Lexi’s Creations – 2W– Friendship
- Make it Monday – Anything goes
- Pollycraft – SIO – Boyz to Men (macsuline
- Simon Says Stamp and Show… – Anything Goes
- Stamps R Us – 2W, 2E – Masculine
- So thats that with the World’s best buddy. I’m going to say goodbye now. I hope you enjoyed your short visit in my blog. Thank you for stopping by.